Imagine if you, joined by other churches in the towns and communities across metro Atlanta, lead your church in a series of messages between Easter and Pentecost that envisioned your people to love generously, especially those who are unlike themselves. Now imagine if you demonstrated such generosity with your time during that season by seeking God together with other pastoral leaders who are different from yourself. What if church pastors agreed to pray together at least once during the 40 days? What if churches and community/city leaders determined ways they could work together to bless the city during that time and beyond? We long for a season where a city experiences thousands of its residences unifying themselves in the Word and Works of the Kingdom.
This is 40 Days of One to Another.
Want the details? Read below.
The Lord desires Oneness and Renewal
• Jeremiah 29:4-7; Ephesians 2:11-18; John 15:12
What and How:
40 Days of One To Another
• Pastors preach sermons on the theme of loving generously/relational generosity (loving and building relationship with those not like us) for 5 weeks in 2014 (after Easter up to Pentecost)
• Loving Generous video segments to use each week, along with devotionals, sermon notes and other materials made available (nominal fee based on church size)
• Pastors and Church leaders in their town pray together at least once during the 40 days
• Churches work together and with community leaders to serve and bless their city during the 40 days and/or beyond.
• Possibility - Churches come together for a Combined Celebration on Sunday night June 8, 2014 (Pentecost)
In the video below, you will hear pastors talk about the sermon video series that preceded Loving Generously, which was called Living Generously. Even though it is a different series, you will hear about the deep impact the use of these resources and message can have on your congregation.
Church Leaders and Believers are the sweet spot target
• Target church and community leaders by city/town
• i.e. Norcross, Marietta, Lawrenceville, East Point, etc - metro Atlanta towns
40 Days leading up to Pentecost
• April 27 - June 8, 2014
Impact is made at 3 levels
• Individual – People are stirred to give themselves away and love and serve others
• Church – Churches are inspired to take the gospel in word and deed to those in their community/city
• City – Cities are impacted as churches and community leaders work together to bless and serve